- Avoid deep fried food, prefer food which is least oily.
- For cooking, use groundnut, soyabean or canola oil, but in a minimum quantity.
- Avoid coconut oil, and avoid eating oily seeds like groundnuts.
- Use skimmed milk instead of whole cream milk.
- If you are a non-vegetarian avoid red meat and organ meat.Use lean chicken and low fat fish.
- Avoid egg yolk, eat only the egg white.
- Read food labels on packed food to know about the cholesterol and calories content.
- Instead of cheese, use yoghurt or cottage cheese as a substitute as they are low in fat.