Turmeric is one of the key ingredients in many Asian dishes. Although typically used in its dried, powdered form, turmeric is also used fresh.
Benefits of turmeric:
- It has been used as a remedy for stomach and liver ailments, as well as topically to heal sores, basically for its antimicrobial property.
- It has been used in range of diseases and conditions, including those of the skin, pulmonary, and gastrointestinal systems, aches, pains, wounds, sprains, and liver disorders.
- Fresh juice of turmeric is commonly used in many skin conditions, including eczema, chicken pox, shingles, allergy, and scabies.
- It has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antitumor, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral activities.
- It is used for treatment of various infections and as an antiseptic.
- It works as skin cleaner, maintain skin elasticity and also provide nourishment to skin.
- It provides support to immune system.